Sunday, July 24, 2011

Off and Running

I thought I'd share some pictures of a dress rehearsal of Oklahoma!

Lets start with my first scene:

This is before Will sings "Kansas City"

And here's the end of Kansas City. I laugh because we on the bench pose at the end like we've been dancing the whole time, but we sure haven't done a thing! We're great ambiance though.

Here I am getting ready to twirl around and be snotty to Laurey in Many a New Day.

But I get over my snottiness and dance with her in the same song.

This is part of the 15 minute "Dream Ballet". 

More ballet. My poor leg would sure love to go higher.

This is the fight scene in "The Farmer and the Cowman". I'm really happy about my role in jumping on her back like a spider monkey.

A little dance break in Farmer and the Cowman.

I put this picture up because I like the big bow on the back of my dress.

I'm being snotty again.

Saying goodbye to the leads at the end of the show!

I'm happy with how the show has turned out. I think it looks beautiful and everyone is doing a pretty good job! I think I'll try to do more shows with this theatre, they've been fun to work with! 

In other news, this lady got a job. I'm an activity coordinator at a branch of The Friendship Center. It's a senior resource group that does Meals on Wheels, congregate meals, and opens up an activity hall in 6 different locations for seniors to come eat lunch and have fun! I really like my job so far. It's still a tad overwhelming, since I've never had a management level position before, but I think I'll be fine! 

No comments: