Monday, August 15, 2011

All done!

Well...my show officially finished it's run last weekend. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed being a dancer. I'll probably do more at this theater. It seems to be the best community theater I've come across down here in Houston! They're having auditions for The Sound of Music next month and I'm considering auditioning for that! It's basically been my goal since I was little to play Liesl. The only thing keeping me from doing the show would be that it runs during Thanksgiving, so I wouldn't be able to go back to KS. Hmmmmm...choices.

Do you know what else I'm all done with? Being a trophy wife....at least for the time being. (Side Note: a police helicopter has been circling my house and neighborhood for 30 minutes now...I'm half expecting a criminal to burst through my window.) I know I briefly mentioned that I got a job before but I felt I should elaborate.

I'm the activity coordinator at The Friendship Center. It's wonderful! I am basically running my center. I plan all of the activities, work with volunteers and the clients, do lots of paperwork, schmooze people into donating things for us AND spend lots of time with the clients!!!! I went to college knowing I wanted to work with seniors and I left thinking I would love to be an activity director of some sort! Well, here I am...and it really is the perfect job for me! My clients crack me up and even my "problem children" as I call them are bearable. They tend to be my bingo players and they definitely have opinions. But we'll work through that!


In other non-related news...

Phil and I are planning a trip to the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas! I'm super excited! We're going to camp at the canyon and hike around for a few days and then spend a day in Vegas. 

In preparation I've started running again. I remembered how I felt hiking in Monterrey, Mexico. It was something like this...

I'm going to attempt to avoid that a bit this time. When I had been running and hiked the mountains in Santa Barbara, CA it was more like this....
I'll let you know how it goes!



No comments: