Thursday, July 18, 2013

Made it to the 3rd Trimester!


Phew...I've made it! Well, actually I technically entered my 3rd trimester a few weeks ago (I'm 31 weeks now). It always makes me laugh because people tell me things, or I read things, about pregnancy and think to myself..."hmmm well that's not happening to me". I should really add a "yet" to that sentence.

For example, I was reading about calf muscles cramping especially while you're sleeping. I thought, "hmmm my legs seems to be perfectly fine." Just a few nights later I was jolted awake by intense cramping in my calves.

(side note...when referring to your muscles do you pluralize calf the same as you would a baby cow? as in calves? Interesting.)

2nd trimester really was pretty great though. I have no complaints about it. Here's what I'm learning about 3rd trimester so far:

1. Baby doesn't have much room and is definitely getting stronger.
2. As a result of observation 1, baby was not pleased to be on a 9 hour flight to Paris. There was much squirming and kicking and punishing of my ribs and bladder. Good news...my feet didn't swell at all!
3. I'm less fun to travel with while 30 weeks pregnant. Turns out I can't do nearly as much in a day. Spending all day on my feet at the Louvre and then Versailles almost killed me. There were a lot of sitting breaks. Of course I kind of expected this and Phil was wonderful and understanding...so the vacation was lovely anyways.
4. In general my body is telling me to slow down with such things as a hurty back and constant desire to take a nap.
5. I'm getting very ready to meet my little girl. It feels like so far away...but really close at the same time. Patience isn't my strong suit in life.
6. lastly, my hormones (and probably all the stress of moving and what not) have really made me susceptible to crying at movies/tv shows/commercials..you name it. Watching Marley and Me on the flight back from Paris was a big mistake. I sobbed like a fool.

In other news...I miss my puppy. She's been staying with her grandparents for the past couple weeks while I went to Paris and then back to Houston to finish taking care of moving stuff. There's nothing quite like having your puppy wait anxiously for you to return home every day.

***** you can't tell but I just took a break to walk through the house with the movers....it's so sad. All of my stuff is officially gone. I'm going to miss this house.******

Well, I'll report back soon! It will probably be a post about how much I'd like to not be pregnant anymore. :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Such a pretty picture! You are one courageous woman traveling and touring while pregnant! Sounds like a fabulous trip. Glad you got to spend time with your hubby and wish you the best in these last 9 weeks!!!! You've got this for sure!

Britany said...

This just makes me laugh. Oh, pregnancy. Hopefully the next couple of weeks go by fast and you can meet that lil one soon!

p.s. I hate being pregnant. Hopefully you do not.