Alice officially joined our family weighing in at 5 lbs 5 oz and 17.5 inches long. It was a fairly dramatic entry ending in a lovely (awful) emergency c-section. Which apparently was how Phil came into the world so we're swinging about par for the course.
This month has been incredibly exhausting. It's not that caring for a newborn is hard work...but its so mentally challenging (and I suppose physically when you feel like death thanks to being sawed in half and are running on unknown amounts of broken up sleep).
I have a new respect for mothers.
Our little girl is adorable though and probably considered a great baby ( no colic here). She's growing on me...everyday I enjoy here a little more.
The best part so far has been watching Phil be a father. He's wonderful and I have loved our time together. Now I just need to power through about 5 more months and we will be living together again!!!!
And now for some cute pictures!


2 comments:
So, having a baby really is hard. I totally understand that. And yet, I could not be more excited for you! I am just bursting at the seams because I'm so happy for you! Motherhood is just the best thing in the world and I'm ecstatic that you're learning this first hand. Good luck with that beautiful babe.
btw. You have a support system in all of us mothers. Should you need it.
^What she said.
Post a Comment