Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hooray for baby Zantac!

Alice is now almost 10 weeks old and my, what a rollercoaster!


It has been emotionally challenging to say the least. I don't do well with not sleeping so I had to live off the motto "that's another night in don't have to do again." 

About 6 1/2 weeks Alice still couldn't sleep for more than about 40min...anytime...day or night. The only way I could survive the night was to have her sleep on my chest with me sitting up. This wasn't going to work. So I called the pediatrician and they started her on zantac for acid reflux.

It took a week to fully kick in but that stuff is my new best friend!!! It's like I have a new baby! She has been able to sleep for 3-5 hours at a time every night! Not only that, but she now sleeps in a sleeper and not on me!!! I can now sleep laying down!!!

It took me awhile to ditch my frustration and really embrace my baby girl but I can proudly say that I love this little girl so much and am overwhelmingly happy to have her in my life!

We took some cute pics for a Christmas card...

I just love this cutie pie!


On another note we are getting good at playing with toys and entertaining ourselves for little bits of time! It's made eating much easier for mommy!

Well...I hope you all have a great thanksgiving!

2 comments:

keighty said...

You are an awesome, amazing, incredible mom. And that babe is SO. STINKING. CUTE.

Britany said...

Baby Zantac is the bomb. That's what finally worked for evie as well. It's interesting to read this because it's like reading my journal from 2011. Babies can be so hard and exhausting, but oh so worth it. I'm sorry she has acid reflux. That's the worst. Hopefully she grows out of it soon. Love you! You're doing an amazing job.