Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Baby Baker

We're happy to announce that we're having a baby GIRL!

Her cute little face!
We're both very excited to welcome our little lady into our lives. She was so cooperative during her ultrasound....squirmed around so we got good measurements...until we went to measure her head. Yeah, she was done by then. Kinda cute, really. She tucked her little head in and dove down about as far south as she could go.

2nd Trimester Update:

18 weeks...I'm starting to get a bump!
  • It turns out 2nd trimester really is much, MUCH more pleasant!
  • I can eat pretty much any food I want to now!
  • I don't have any really bad food aversions anymore.
  • Swallowing the prenatal vitamins is rough for me. At one point I puked in my own hair after trying to swallow one. Yes, I'm glamorous. 
  • I'm days away from halfway done! Yay!
  • Having Phil gone has been very hard...but if I take it a step at a time and just think about the next time I get to see him (and not the fact that we won't live together again until January) I do okay. Pregnancy hormones aren't helping my cause. 
  • I've always thought it would be creepy to have a baby moving inside of me...but it's really cool to feel our little girl squirm around. (Give me 15-20 weeks and I might find it less amusing.)
  • We're playing the name game right now...it's been fun. I found that I really like names that start with "L" for some reason. 
That's all for now!




4 comments:

keighty said...

Look at that nose! That perfect, adorable little nose! She is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I'm so excited to meet her!

And yes, the movements are fun now, and they're a different kind of fun later. My favorite thing now is to sprawl out on the couch with my shirt pulled up so I can see the gymnastics going on. It's less fun when there's a punch to the bladder or the cervix. :) Then you just remember THAT NOSE! That perfect little nose. I'm so excited for you!

Britany said...

What about phileen? Just sayin.

Feeling them move around is definitely the coolest part, and one of the only things I liked about being pregnant.

Enjoy this trimester! It's like a babymoon.

Emily said...

Congratulations! You are absolutely adorable and glowing. I am glad to hear you are feeling well and wish you continued strength through this time with out Phil physically there. You are such a strong, talented, and wonderful woman. This little lady has a great momma to look up to!

Kathleen said...

Awwww you ladies make me so grateful to have wonderful friends and family! Katie, she already dive bombed my bladder and I thought I was going to wet my pants...I was unaware she was big enough to do that to me yet! Britany, I'm enjoying the babymoon while I can! Emily, thank you so so much! Knowing I have support is helping me along more than anyone knows!