Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mini Baker

It's time to spill the beans!

Phil and I are expecting a baby Baker at the end of September!

We're both very excited about it and have been anxious to share the fun news!

Look! You can see our baby's brain! 
I had my first ultrasound earlier this week and was happy to know that I am in fact pregnant, and while still alien looking I'm pretty sure it'll turn out to be an adorable human! 

At first baby may have been sleeping because he/she didn't move much...but boy when he/she woke up there was lots of squirming. There was also lots of arm flailing...I'm thinking he/she is practicing for softball. 

They decided I am 10 weeks and 4 days along as of today. Hopefully this means I'm nearing the end of the generally yuckies I've felt towards food for the last month or so. If you're going to say it won't end....don't say it...I need some hope. :)

Here's what I've learned so far about pregnancy:

1. Fruit is my best friend.
2. Vegetables are evil. 
3. There are a lot of little hidden gems to pregnancy that no one warns you for.
4. The knock-out tiredness of pregnancy is very reminiscent of mono. 
5. Being pregnant myself has made me realize I didn't have the proper sympathy for other women who are experiencing pregnancy. Don't get me wrong, it's really cool and exciting...but you feel like yuck.

That's my fun news for now! I'll keep everyone updated! I will also have more interesting news to share soon as well...so stay tuned.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I thought this might be coming!!! I couldn't be more excited for you and Phil. I wish you all the best on this new and exciting journey! Xoxo

Anna said...

What!? Congratulations! :) And I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well, but there is hope!

Britany said...

Pregnancy is exactly like mono. Nausea and overwhelming exhaustion. Yep. Lol. But, the 2nd trimester is awesome. It's like a mini vacation where you're not sick or huge, so that's something to look forward to. Yay!!