Well, I'm not sure how many people actually read my blog anymore (or ever did in the first place), but I realized it's been a very long time since I've updated.
I'd say I've been too busy or didn't have anything to post about...but that's not true...pretty much I just forgot about my blog for awhile.
Anywho, since I last posted some fun stuff has happened.
I performed in Cinderella and really enjoyed being the Title Lead in a musical....it was a nice thing to check off my bucket list. The cast was super fun and the audiences in little Conroe, TX are very excited and supportive.
 |
| Cinderella singing to herself after the ball |
 |
| The after-show tea party was adorable. That's Prince Charming, Me and Fairy Godmother with a cute little girl! |
In August-ish Phil and I met up with his sister and her husband in Dallas. We went to the Sixth Floor Museum which talks about the Kennedy Assassination, then went over to the Frontiers of Flight Museum. Both were a lot of fun and I suggest them!
 |
| Phil and I at Dealy Plaza where Kennedy was shot |
In September or October-ish we decided to take the plunge and get a puppy! We rescued Brea from BARC in Houston. It was so sad to walk around the shelter...I wanted all of the puppies! BUT, Brea was the puppy I had seen online and we decided if she was there it was fate and she would be ours! We ended up getting her for free because she was a "purr-furred pet". That basically means she had been returned and was on the danger list. She has been tons of fun!
 |
| Brea: our part Labrador part Plott Hound wonder dog! |
In November I got to perform in another show called Crazy for You! It is all Gershwin music and tap dancing. I was VERY excited to get the lead female role of Polly Baker. I even got to learn to tap dance a bit! It was a challenge but the cast was great and we had a great show!
 |
| Getting ready to sing I've Got Rhythmn |
.png) |
| Our big dance number where Bobby and Polly fall in love |
.png) |
| We had a great time working together! |
My job at the Friendship Center is still going great and we had a great Christmas Party before Phil and I headed back to KS to see family!
 |
| Some of my wonderful ladies |
At the new years we went on a vacation with Phil's family! We cruised out of Galveston with Princess Cruises and went to Roatan, Honduras, Belize City, Belize and Cozumel, Mexico.
 |
| Relaxing on the ship |
 |
| Formal Night |
 |
| After snorkeling in the middle of the ocean at Belize |
Lastly, I got to work on a show called The Lion in Winter. I played the part of Alais and really enjoyed working on a true "actors show". Our little cast was small but very mighty! I was proud to be a part of it! The guy playing King Henry II is definitely one of the most talented people I've worked with before!
 |
| The whole Lion in Winter cast |
That's a pretty good update for now....stay tuned because I have a feeling in a couple weeks I'll have a few more interesting happenings to post about!
3 comments:
Glad to get the update! I have been wondering about how you and Phil were. Looks like you are really living it up! I don't have the nerve to be on a stage but can imagine how fun it must be! You look beautiful in all of your pictures! Take care, I will be waiting for the next post ;)
Fun! Going on a cruise is definitely on my bucket list. Miss your face.
I wish we could be there to see you in your shows!
Post a Comment