Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cinderella!

It's been awhile since I've posted again. Whoops.

Anyways, I've been up to mostly the same-ol' stuff. Work is still going great, despite the fact that my assistant got transferred. Long, frustrating story there.

I auditioned for my dream role in The Fantasticks and didn't make it. I really thought I had a wonderful audition and was pretty convinced I was going to get the part. My heart dropped to the floor when I found out I didn't get it. I went through my usual couple days of being super upset with myself, trying to dissect what I did wrong, then decided it wasn't worth dwelling on anymore. I think I've found peace with it for the most part. It just wasn't my time to play that part. 

In some more fun news...Phil's sister came to stay with us for a month or so. It's been super fun having her around! We've been keeping entertained with lots of games, movies, and we're planning mini-trips around the SW Texas area. 


Our first mini trip was to camp at Lake Sommerville and then we took a tour of the Blue Bell Ice Cream factory in Brenham, TX. 


Phil's parents will be here next weekend, for Phil's birthday and mother's day! It should be fun!

In other good news, I decided last minute to audition with a friend for a production of Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. I felt good about my audition and I got the part of Cinderella! I'm really excited! It's been on my bucket list for a loooooong time to be a part that has a song all to herself on stage. I can now officially say that I can check that off the list! 


My job with The Fairytale Headquarters was a handy warm-up for the role. Although, I won't be wearing the Disney blue dress....since it's R&H not Disney that wrote the musical. There's also no Gus Gus.

The best part is my good friend is playing Prince Charming! It's going be lots of fun!

No comments: