Thursday, March 31, 2011

House Picture Smorgasbord

Alright, I know I've kept everyone waiting, but I couldn't bring myself to take pictures of the house when it looked like a pit. So after a little cleaning (as much as I've been able to do so far) I've decided I can finally show off the house a little.

So here we are inside the front door. Notice the yellow is gone. We went with two tones of gray.

Take a look up from the entrance to the second floor

To the left we have the "library" as we like to be snotty and call it. This room was completely wallpapered and was a nightmare to do. But I'm happy. I also chose a green color that you can't see too well in the picture for the walls.

To the right is the formal dining room. It's also green but the lighting makes it look much lighter than it really is. 


Now walk down the hall and the kitchen is on the left! Complete with new fridge that we bought, AND a stainless steel sink to replace the ugly and dirty white porcelain one.

A view of the stairs and hall to the entrance.

Our furniture-less living room. We'll eventually fix that.

the dining nook with the door to the backyard on the right, laundry in the middle, and craft room on the left.

CRAFT ROOM! I love the built in cabinets! Oh and we replaced the carpet in the whole house! Now there isn't questionable yellow and brown spots all over the floor!

The backyard from the porch!

Here's the lake from the backyard! Notice the path around the lake! We love it!

The back of our house!

Okay, back inside. Here's a random view of the master bedroom. Also blue, because it's my favorite color.

Our messy bathroom that I have neither painted nor organized yet. But the closet is huge and great!

Now the view from upstairs to the living room.

The one room successfully converted to a guest room! It is quite empty at the moment. There's another room across from this one that's not pictured.

The only bathroom upstairs that is painted and cleaned.

Hallway to the other two bedrooms, bathroom, and media room.

Here's the little boys room! We're going to leave the paint and see if we happen to have a little boy! (don't get excited, I'm not pregnant)

The spongebob bathroom. Unfortunately for spongebob he's going to be painted over.

The little girls room. Also going to be painted over. It'll probably end up being an exercise room.

the media room! It's pretty much all of our apartment stuff! Eventually I will make drapes for the big window!

And there you have it! I'll put up more picture when I get it decorated more and get furniture! 

Phew! It's been stressful but fun to work on the house! I'm just glad we're all moved in and can take the projects on at a slower pace now!

4 comments:

Britany said...

Wow!!! That is a seriously beautiful house! I love the colors you picked for the walls and stuff, too. Congrats!

Carina Dum said...

Love it all!! You've gotta give me the name of the blue that you used for the craft room/ master.

Aubrey Harris said...

I LOVE your new home! You guys did a stellar job painting..I love all your color choices. So exciting that you have a craft room! We need to get together. I promise I won't make any lame excuses like last time:)

Lauren said...

So awesome Kathleen! I love it all! I'm seriously jealous of your craft room. I love the built in cabinets and I'm loving the blue. Congrats!