Thursday, March 31, 2011

Alligator Land Take 3

Phil's parents came to town this last weekend! We had a fun time with them! It involved a lot of games and spending time outside in the beautiful weather!

We made sure to include our favorite activity, a walk around the "alligator park". I know I've posted about it before, but every time I go I'm always happy! Something about walking around lakes fun of alligators, with no fences, not knowing exactly where all of them are is fun!

This time we seemed to really rile one of them. Apparently it's mating season, so the males are territorial and one alligator was not okay with the spot we were standing at on the path!

Meet angry alligator:

He was all the way across the lake when we spotted him. He then took the time to swim to our side of the lake and growl at us. (Don't worry, we were on the path which is a ways away from the water) When that didn't move us (turns out it was much cooler then scary) he then proceeded to slowly make his way out of the water. This is when we decided we shouldn't push our luck farther and moved along. 



We did take a picture though on our way back to the car.

No comments: