Thursday, September 30, 2010

Big shirt? No problem here.

Okay, my friend likes to give me clothes that she no longer wants. I enjoy this because..well...I get free clothes. Anyways, she gave me a shirt that was too big. So I decided it would  be a good opportunity to see if I really can figure out how to alter a shirt to fit me.

In the past I've been scared to do it because:
a. I'm afraid I won't measure correctly and end up with a ruined shirt
b. you have to take the whole thing apart, including the arm holes and sew it back together
c. I didn't know how to sew shoulder seams

Well I conquered those fears!

This is what the shirt looked like on me before:

I then seam-ripped the sides completely open and removed the sleeves. Then measured, cut, and sewed it all back together. Here's what I ended up with!



I'd like to think it fits MUCH better!

Here's the picture Phil took of me while I was bragging about my accomplishment.


Next I might attempt some pants. We'll see.

3 comments:

Britany said...

Look at you go! You stud. I'm so proud of you!

Gabe and Christina said...

Hi Kathleen! I just found your blog via Crafting with the Stars. Gabe and I just moved from Memorial Park Ward. He loved having you both in choir. He told me to tell you "Hi!" Your cardigan is so cute. Good job with all your sewing!

Carina Dum said...

I looove this! You are so good :).