Friday, September 24, 2010

My first real big-girl clothes overhaul!

UPDATE!!!


I was thinking...what should I do next to learn more about sewing and crafting. Well, I found this! So I applied and we'll cross our fingers to see if I can get in! I know I'll learn tons if I do!








Okay so I got this sweater last Christmas and didn't think I'd wear it.

I kept it around anyways though with the thought that some day I'd learn how to sew and make it look how I want. (I forgot to take a picture before I started cutting.) Here's a close up of the zipper I didn't like...
It was plastic-y and I thought it kind of looked childish (and we all know I don't need help looking childish). 

So I decided I'd make a v-neck cardigan out of it. I love cardigans by the way.

I even learned how to sew button holes and buttons! (FYI button holes are hard to do). Anyways I ended up with a battle scar from where the zipper was before.


To cover it I decided to use http://www.vanessachristenson.com/2010/05/tutorial-flower-corsage-for-celebrate.html this tutorial to make a cute flower to cover up the battle scar.


TADA! I may not be great at sewing yet, but I'm quite proud of myself for how far I've come!


I'm sure there will be more adventures soon!



1 comment:

Britany said...

Wow, Kathleen!! That's seriously impressive! Look how awesome you're getting at sewing. Maybe I should give you some of my old stuff so you can make it cool and trendy.