Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mini Vacations Everywhere!

Phil and I have been on a mini vacation roll. I think it has to do with the fact that he's been gone about every other week since January. So when we've been able to see each other we've tried to spend the time in fun ways. 

Our first mini vacation was a few weeks ago. We decided to go camping. It was beautiful. We camped at the State Park Forest north of Houston. We got a spot lakeside, so that was extra pretty. Although we didn't stay long or do a lot, it was a fun change of location for a day.

This is where a picture would be if I had remembered batteries for my camera.

On a non-vacation note...but still fun weekend with Phil...we had some friends take us to the rodeo with them. It was my first rodeo and I thought it was pretty dang entertaining. 



My favorite part was called "mutton busting." They had little kids clinging to sheep for their lives. Hilarious. 


This last weekend Phil flew me over to California to spend the weekend with him. It was very fun! I have been to San Diego before, but this time I got to explore LA and Santa Barbara with Phil. We did the normal touristy stuff in LA and went hiking in the mountain/walked along the beach in Santa Barbara. 




It doesn't show it very well in this picture. But there were gorgeous trees blooming all the way up the mountain. There were purple flowers everywhere! It smelled quite nice...although it did attract a lot of insects.

My running is still going well! I keep having to put off my first 20 minute straight run though because of rain. It's making me anxious. I just want to try and see if I can do it! I did get an Mp3 player though, so that will help a lot I think while I'm running. Right now I can't help but focus on how much it hurts while I'm running. Music should help remedy that problem...a little bit at least. Only 4 more weeks until I'm done with the 9 week program!




1 comment:

Britany said...

Yay! I'm so glad you guys are able to spend some fun time together. Hopefully this leaving every other week thing will die down soon. I didn't know you were doing a 9 week program. That's awesome! I am doing walking instead of running (cause I hate running) and eating healthy, so that's a big deal for me. lol. I miss your face.