Saturday, August 15, 2009

testimony

I have been working on my Sunday School lesson for tomorrow and it's on gaining a testimony. Naturally I looked back over my testimony notebook (which many of you know is the scrapbook I've kept since I was 16 of everything that has helped me gain a testimony of God, his son Jesus Christ, and the restoration of His gospel to the earth again by modern day prophets and apostles).

I can't help but be overwhelmed by the thick spirit that surrounds this notebook for me. I consider myself to be one of the luckiest people on earth to have had the opportunity to experience all that I have. I had friends who were willing to put their beliefs out there for me to analyze (and over analyze) over the space of two years. They also stuck with me and were some of the most amazing examples of Christ's love and charity that I've ever seen. My dearest friends didn't have to do extravagant things to help me, but little notes of their testimony and actions that prove this testimony further have stuck with me for years (and I'm sure they will for eternity).

I never imigined living my life this sure of the happiness I will have hereafter. I know that as I acted upon my tiny growing seeds of faith I was blessed 10 fold in return. It has definitely been hard at times, but it's those times that have made me stronger and more able to cope with future difficulties.

Anyways this is getting long, but I want to say thank you to everyone who reads this. Chances are you've been an example to me in one way or another that I admire. Thank you.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

So proud of you! It is so powerful to have a testimony! =)