Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Vacation

I suppose for Phil and I it was a "staycation." Ross and Lauren just left from spending an elongated weekend down here in Houston. It was a lot of fun...although I'm pretty tired. They still have to drive home too...rough. But we did some normal touristy stuff like the galveston beach, Kemah boardwalk and Hermann Park.






At Hermann park we went on the little train that tours the park and played on paddle boats. My favorite part: corraling the ducks when our boats attacked them from opposite directions. Least favorit part: Phil putting only my half of the boat in the fountain spray. ugh.



Now I suppose I should get back to life. I need to finish my classes still (although I don't have much left to do!!!), and laundry would be a positive thing to do.

And before I end my post I thought I'd make a list of the top 5 classy moments I've witnessed lately in Houston...

5. A man jumped out of his car at a stoplight, had his friend turn up the rap music, and started booty dancing in the middle of the street. classy AND funny.
4. On my way to work I made a lady mad (because she was going under the speed limit and I swerved around her... I cut it close, but really not THAT close I had plenty of time) so she swerved over behind me (almost hitting a car) and started tailing me while flashing her brights for probably atleast 5 miles. also classy AND funny.
3. A man had his bass up SO loudly that as he sat behind me at a stoplight I think I could feel my eardrums exploding from the vibrations. classy and painful.
2. Twice now a neighbor has been fighting with her boyfriend (or husband...who knows) in the parking lot of our condo complex. To make it better they scream things like "You didn't mean that!!" and "Yes I do". Phil has had to ask the guy twice to move his truck because he parks it right behind our parking spot to fight. awkward.
1. Phil and I were enjoying some Chipotle when a couple gets into the crowded line. They start arguing and things ESCALATED. By the end of it the man was screaming "I'm bout to slap yo face, I'm bout to slap yo face", with the girls reply being "shoot (imagine more expletives) I'm done with you, you find your own way outta here". The cops were then called and the man made a bigger scene when told he couldn't get his burrito. awesome.

and there you have it. With 5 million people in one city it's bound to have it's classy moments.

2 comments:

Britany said...

hahahahaha! Houston is a very classy place. That looks like a really fun trip! If we come down in June are you going to play with us too?

Lauren said...

Hey I'm glad you put some pictures up! Cause I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to it. It was lots of fun seeing you guys. Hope you're enjoying the peace and quiet of anti-baby life!