Monday, October 24, 2011

Ottoman

Well a few months ago we made the plunge and bought a couch for our living room downstairs. We decided to make a fun craft project for ourselves and build the ottoman.


Our couch ended up being chocolate brown with these pillows (that came free with it...I plan on making some fun spring pillows to switch out later on). 


Anyways, I went to the fabric store looking for a cheap upholstry fabric that matched the pillows. This is what I came up with. I then did lots of measuring and cut it into the strips and blocks I needed.


Phil was in charge of the woodworking.


I used the staple gun and put batting around the edges and cushion foam on top.


We wanted to make it a storage ottoman so we can shove toys in it later on (much later on) when we have kiddos. 


For the feet we used wooden balls that had one flat side. I stained and sealed them... and then Phil screwed them onto the ottoman.

I'll show you the finished product in the room in my next post!

No comments: