Sunday, January 9, 2011

All of my jewelry is in one spot!

For awhile now I've wanted to get some sort of jewelry hanger or box so I could get all of my jewelry in one spot. Right now it's spread out in my room and closet and I forget about a lot of it. So to solve my own problem I decided to make my very own jewelry hanger using these simple items:


  • A picture frame
  • some corkboard
  • hooks
  • hangers
  • wood glue
  • drill
  • wire cutters


  • I took the glass out of the frame
  • Drilled holes on either side where I wanted my earring bars to go
  • glued two pieces of cork together (just to make it thicker)
  • put the earring bars in place
  • added the hooks where I wanted my necklaces to hang
  • glued it all in place
  • and called it good!
Here's the end product before I added jewelry



And after:


It's right next to my dresser now and I have a feeling I'll be wearing a lot more of my jewelry!!! 


That's my little craft project! Now I'm going to go make a pizza with homemade crust from my bread machine!!!!!






Let's see if I can make it this time!

1 comment:

Britany said...

what a great idea! I have the same problem with my jewelry, which is why I always wear the same thing. You are so crafty, when did that happen? Man, you're awesome.