Monday, November 1, 2010

Festivities

While we didn't dress up for Halloween this year, we did enjoy the Halloween weekend! For Halloween we went over to our friends house to hand out candy with them to trick-or-treaters! It was pretty cute to see all of the costumes.

My favorite part of Halloween as a grown up though is carving pumpkins! So on Friday night we had a date night complete with dinner and pumpkin carving!

BUT before I go into what we carved let me tell you a little bit about this dinner.

Phil was at work on Friday and his bosses boss came up to him and informed him that they were giving him $200 (yes, TWO HUNDRED) to spend on a (yes, ONE) dinner for him and I! Seeing as how our plans were to split a $5 footlong at Quiznos we weren't quite sure where we could go to spend $200 on one meal. Phil asked his boss for suggestions and we decided to go with the most expensive steakhouse we could find! (I may or may not LOVE steak! I think it's because it reminds me of my Grandpa that I love and adore! He used to grill the best steaks!)

So we got all fancy and headed off to Smith and Wollensky's. There we had a starter, two sides, two $50 steaks, and two desserts. Let me also mention that we probably ate less than half of the food, and had two full bags of food to take home! Oh! and it was delicious!

And our bill came to a grand total of:


Yeah. It blew my mind too. But I have to admit it was a lot of fun to order whatever expensive food we wanted! With that in mind, I don't think it'll happen again...and I'm okay with that! It was a good time for the one night! And now I get to check "freakishly expensive meal" off my bucket list! 


Anyways, back to the pumpkins. After stuffing ourselves we bought some pumpkins and went back home to try and be festive. 


I decided to go with a Halloween Owl perched on a branch.


Phil went with the more classic set of skulls.




Have I mentioned lately that I think he's the best man in the world? Yeah, I love him A LOT!




I hope everyone had delightful Halloweens!!!

2 comments:

Carina Dum said...

loved the pumpkins, and having you guys over last night :). you both make me laugh so much... "macgyver- like soldiers from ww2..." lol

Lauren said...

So I'm kind of behind on your blog. And I have to say, KATHLEEN you're SO CRAFTY! I love all of the stuff you have done! Way to go with altering clothes and such. I am trying to make headway with that myself. You are super cute I'm glad we will mostly likely be half-related now!