Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Can I decorate for Christmas yet?

I've been telling Phil all week that it's taking everything in me not to put up the Christmas tree this week. He lovingly helps me remember that it's not even Thanksgiving yet. But I can't help it! I'm SO excited for the holidays!!!

Anyways, I found a loophole to add some Christmas cheer to our house. My friend and I decided that we would do something crafty and Christmas-y last night. So we decided on making little stocking ornaments for her, and a stocking bunting for me!

We used the pattern from this website:
http://www.marthastewart.com/article/jingle-bell-stockings
(We thought the actual boot part of the pattern was the right size for what we wanted.)

bought some felt and ribbon (totaling $2.40) and got to work.


This little guy ended up being my favorite. The red felt on it has sparkles, and I'm like a raccoon, attracted to shiny things.


The left side


the right side


Voila! 

If I had a better camera and better photography skills (or any really) this would probably be more exciting. But oh well!

I'm especially happy with my bunting because if I act super excited about making it I think Phil will let me keep it up!

2 comments:

Britany said...

Of course he'll let you keep it up. He talks a big game, but he's a big softy. You are so super creative! I need some of that to rub off on me!

Carina Dum said...

I love it! We just got home last night from vacation so lets figure out a good day to go to pottery barn :).