Well, I officially had to say my first good-bye of my hospice volunteer experience.
Let me just tell you how awesome the lady is that I was visiting every week. She is in her late 80's and is a spunky lady. She lived in Saudi Arabia for 10 years of her life and has so much advice and information to offer me as I contemplate world travel. She's been through a lot of trials in her life, but has such a positive attitude.
I just loved spending time with her.
Sadly enough, she's at the point where she doesn't really benefit from a volunteer coming over and chatting with her.
So, I went over to see her and say good-bye earlier this week. I thought it was going to be pretty awful. But I realized more and more while I was there that it wasn't sad at all. She and I both thanked each other and she told me how excited she was for me to live my life. She complimented me in so many ways. I'm just happy that I was able to help her out in a tiny way for a tiny amount of time. I have no doubt that we'll be friends after this life. I'm kind of excited about that.
For now I get to go help someone else! I feel so blessed that I have the opportunity to experience what I have with the hospice program.
It's been a big testimony boost as to my belief in Jesus Christ and his redeeming love. That is priceless.
1 comment:
Wow K! What an amazing thing you are doing.
Post a Comment