Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Crappy Part of Moving Away From Everybody...

...is that you're far away from everybody. 

Going home for the holidays made me realize how much I miss having friends and family around. Seriously. I miss being able to sit and chat with people like Brandon and John for hours on end (even the time that Brandon made the Aqua Teen Hunger Force DVD opening screen play on repeat on his tv for the entire duration of my visit). I miss dicussing inappropriate topics with my old roommates, and I'm really sad I can't be more involved in the exciting things coming up in their lives (like Britany getting married!!!!).  I also miss knowing that Katie is close by, and that we can see each other if we need to. I miss being able to really spend time with friends, as opposed to rushing a visit in while I'm back for a short time.

I don't want to be entirely sad here. I love my life (see post below), and I love being in Houston with Phil. He's for sure the only reason I can live down here and be happy about it. 

On other news, my play opens this week. 

Bah. So my car has a lovely habit of trying to kill me. I'll describe. In about a year or two I've had about 4 popped or flat tires. 2 of them were within a day...and I'm coming up on a 5th. I noticed that my car was shaking as I drove. So Phil took the tires off to look at them, and sure enough there is about a half inch of tire wires exposed on the inner side of the tire. This is the second time a tire has worn itself down to the wires on my car. I've discussed the problem with a guy in my cast, who's a mechanic, and good news...we've got a problem with some sort of alignment thingie that is expensive to fix. ugh. I need to go get the tire repalced and then take my car to the mechanic today...but anything car related like that is out of my comfort zone, so I've been putting it off like crazy. 

I'm a very good procrastinator.

2 comments:

Britany said...

haha. man, I miss you. Sorry about your car. that really does suck! Hope it works out!

Lauren said...

Hey wait! I didn't know you have a blog. How exciting!