We've have a fun last few weekends!
Due to my visa currently only being good for 30 days, we had to head out of the country last weekend so that we could come back and reset the count. The nice part is that the company paid for our plane tickets, hotel and taxi fees! So that was great!
We chose to head to Cape Town and it was very nice. The travel time was about 7 hours (including a layover in Johannesburg), so it wasn't too bad. We flew business class so we got to enjoy some nice business lounges in Johannesburg and Cape Town. We got in late Friday night so we went straight to the hotel and went to sleep.
On Saturday we decided to try and scope out Cape Town and see what we want to do on our week long trip in August! We took a bus tour and drove around the city as well as walked all around the V&A Waterfront (which is probably the main tourist area). It was such a nice, clean city. On top of that, everything was super cheap to buy! I'm not sure that I've been to any touristy places that have been cheaper. We ate lunch at a really cool artisan market on the wharf and it only cost us $9. crazy. Perhaps Luanda's high prices are making it seem more exciting...but still...it seemed cheap.
 |
| Looking out to the wharf at the V&A Waterfront |
 |
| Part of the way up Table Mountain. It was so foggy you still couldn't see the mountain! |
 |
| There were lots of pretty beaches. |
This weekend Phil set up to have the company boat take us out to a beach near Mussulo island. It was very nice. The boat comes with two captains (or boat drivers, or whatever you call them) and you just hop on and tell them what you want to do! We've been told you can ask them to go dolphin or whale watching, fishing, or just have them take you somewhere. We decided to have a little picnic on a beach and asked them to take us somewhere secluded.
 |
| Getting ready to take off! |
 |
| We ended up on a tiny sandy island with this as the view across the way! |
 |
| I accidentally took this picture, but I think she looks cute! |
 |
| Alice wasn't sure about the sand at first. |
 |
| We had a nice little picnic! |
 |
| Thanks Phil for setting it up! |
Angola has been good! The neighbors are still great and I'm getting used to the grocery stores and buying things with Kwanzaa! I'm learning how to cook new things and use the ingredients I can find. I think our meals have been a little better actually, because I put more effort into them than just opening a box and boiling pasta!
Little miss is as adorable as ever and is now a pretty accomplished crawler! She can also walk fairly well with her walker toy. She's growing up so fast!
I'll post again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment