"There was a time when many Gods were a fact, a time when the world was surely flat, there will be a time, an age, if you will, of reason, when faith will be a minority, and at the exponential rate of social evolution, it may even happen within our life-time, if not our children's. Maybe then, just maybe, instead of believing in fantasies, we can start believing in ourselves."
Now I should say that I love this friend dearly, and we have strayed away from religious conversations probably for good reason. But despite how much I love her, I think this quote symbolizes a lot that is wrong with the way the world is moving.
Is this really what we want? A society that has no faith? Has no reason to behave so that we can acquire a divine future? Don't get me wrong, we need to believe in ourselves, like the author says. But I would, I suppose boldly say, that we need to believe not only in ourselves but that we are children of Someone who loves us more than we can comprehend. We need to believe that we have divine beginnings, and a divine potential. Why? Because if we believe in those things, we do what it takes to be good people and live up to that potential. I'm not saying that you can't be a good person without believing in God (my friend who posted this is a lovely person).
It just blows my mind to see that our society is becoming so "open minded" that it's shutting the door on people who believe in God. Is that really open minded? Our society is going through exactly what civilizations in the Bible and Book of Mormon experienced and prophesied would happen in our time. We're experiencing the world becoming so materialistic, and short sighted, that it rejects faith, and the gospel.
I don't know who reads my blog, and chances are someone will disagree with me. That's fine, and we can talk about it if you'd like, but I'm not trying to start a fight. I was just very taken aback by this quote, and felt like showing my point of view.
I believe that Jesus Christ is our elder brother and Savior. He loves us so much that he died for our sins. He was resurrected so that we may all overcome death. He lives and is there to help each and every one of us through whatever life throws at us. I know this is true because I have pondered it many times and felt the Holy Ghost whisper the truth of it to me. As I have striven to live a life following the Gospel of Christ I have been blessed 10 fold for my efforts. I love our Savior and I hope that society can accept my love for Him, even if they don't agree with it.

1 comment:
Amen, sista.
You have an incredibly powerful testimony. Thanks for sharing it.
Post a Comment