Thursday, October 14, 2010

My first pattern...kind of

The story behind this crafting adventure is that I bought way more fabric than I needed to make my friends baby a Happy 1st Birthday circle skirt...it's super cute...I'll get a picture of it soon.

Anyways, I decided that I should probably make a skirt for myself. Well, I couldn't do the circle skirt because there wasn't enough fabric.


So I decided to use one of my skirts as a pattern for a pseudo-pencil/a-line skirt.


I cut two of my pattern pieces out, sewed up the sides, added an elastic band at the top, and bias tape along the bottom!


And voila!


I really like the shiny/silky fabric! 

Although it wasn't the easiest fabric to use for a beginner like me.
It definitely had problems, but for my first pattern making experience I think I did a pretty good job. Pairing it with the red shirt reminds me of the holidays. In case you haven't already caught on...I'm really really excited to come back to KS!!!!!

3 comments:

Britany said...

sooooo cute!!!

Becky and Jake said...

LOVE it, Kathleen! I'm so impressed! ps. when are you gonna be in Manhappenin? I'm thinking you, me and Katie need to get together over the holidays!

kalina said...

I just found your blog via the made blog since I entered the silhouette giveaway right after you. Anyway, I love this skirt. I'm eating up all the craftiness on here!