No babies here, don't get too excited. I'm actually talking about the amount of friends who are going to or recently have had babies! As a result I've been busy trying to learn how to make crafty gifts for the tiny little people!
We'll start with what I just completed today. I've only made one, and I definitely forgot some of the directions, but I think it turned out okay.
I made the front with a laminate fabric that I thought could be easily wiped clean ( bad idea/good idea)? I added a decorative stripe (which looked more straight before I started sewing...dangit).
The back is made from washcloth material so the mom-to-be can just wipe up any remaining mess with the back of it.
Next up is the changing pad and wipes case. I actually did a trial run on this one so I could do better for the real gift.
I was really proud with how this one turned out. AND I learned how to use bias tape the correct way! It's so neat because you don't see any stitching...it blew my mind. Here is the changing pad opened...
Same laminate fabric...yes. But I thought this would as well benefit from an easily wipe-able material.
My favorite little project has become the baby booties though! Something about little shoes is just cute.
This was my first attempt at the little booties! I actually think it turned out well so I gave them away (unlike my first attempt at the changing pad).
This is a bad picture of attempt #2. All of them have denim bottoms (which I figured would be fairly durable but not uncomfortable).
#3 I originally thought I'd give these to a boy...but then decided they weren't as gender neutral as I thought. So they're sticking around for now until I find another friend having a baby girl to give them to.
#4. These are my favorite pair! I'll probably be recreating them later.
My next challenge is to figure out how to make these shoes a little bigger...say for 6mo to 1 year?
Pretty much all of my patterns came from this craft blog http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/ the baby booties were featured on her blog too, but were from a different website.
I'll post soon about my vacation to Paris!
2 comments:
how cute!!! I love all of these. You did such an amazing job! Can I have the green booties? I love green. I love the idea of the bib with laminate fabric and wash cloth fabric. You are such a stud.
Way to go Kathleen! I've made those baby booties too! And they are not easy! (At least the part where you sew the two pieces together) Good for you for getting crafty. I bet it's still hilarious to watch you though. And also, laminate is a great idea.
Post a Comment