1. Scripture Study materials
I have made a goal this year to have better scripture study every day. I've made it habit over the last almost 7 years since I started investigating the Mormon church to read my scriptures every day. Now that I've read the Book of Mormon multiple times I'm excited to really delve into it and do more than just read it. Right now I'm going through this:
It's been awesome! It have increased my love of the scriptures a lot! I'm excited to use my Bible and Doctrine and Covenants study guides next!!!
2. My past journals
We were talking about how we need to be able to learn from our past and become stronger in the future. It's hard to learn from our past if we don't remember it....what we did and why we did it. Taking the time to re-read how I've gained the testimony that I have is an awesome motivator to keep me moving in the right direction. The Ensign (church magazine) had a quote that said "ask yourself every day...Am I closer to God today than I was yesterday? Will I be closer tomorrow?" That gives me a lot to think about.
3. My Patriarchal Blessing
For those of you who aren't Mormon a Patriarchal Blessing is something each member can receive. It is like personal scripture to us from God. It kind of gives us a roadmap to our lives if we live worthy to receive it. Anyways, I love to read my blessing and every time I do I learn something new about myself. It's not long or detailed, but I can't read it without having something stand out to me. I want to make it a bigger part of my life and read it more.
I'm not trying to be profound or anything...I guess this is just what my Home Teachers made me think about. I'm happy to have the chance to constantly improve myself and learn new things about God and His eternal plan for us!

2 comments:
Man... You are so amazing!! I just love you. You have always been such an inspiration to me and I hope that someday my scripture study will be as worthwhile to me as it is to you. Love you Kathleen!!
Thanks Britany! I probably shouldn't be an inspiration for anybody...but that's very sweet!!!! Seriously though...I think you're awesome and there are so many times that I think...wow...I want to be more like Britany! I miss you!
Post a Comment