Monday, January 11, 2010

All Alone

So, Phil is gone again. This time not to Africa. Instead he's in California. I think it makes for a little bit nicer experience for him. Unfortunately for me, I'm still just as sad and bored no matter where he goes.

The holidays were a lot of fun. I got to see all of my family and play approximately 1 million games for 2 weeks straight. While at my dad's Phil and I were introduced to a new show that is pretty entertaining...


It's called Mantracker. Basically it's a complicated game of fugitive where two people take off running and have a destination to get to that's usually 30-40 Kilometers away. Mantracker rides around on the horse and tries to find them. It's tricky though...he doesn't know where they're going. It blows my mind how good he is at tracking. He reminds me a lot of how I envisioned Prince Humperdink in The Princess Bride. Oh and it's Canadian...which means they all have fun accents.

In other news, while Phil is gone I'm hopefully going to make some headway in learning how to sew. My mom got me a sewing machine for Christmas and I'm excited to learn some basics.


This is the adorable little machine she got me. Sadly, adorable is about all it is. It broke immediately, we fixed it, another thing broke, we fixed it, and then some more things broke that we haven't fixed. We decided to take it back and get this machine instead.



It definitely is more like a real sewing machine and had more settings than the first one. I haven't used it yet but I'm hoping we can be friends and work together to make some pretty awesome things.

3 comments:

Britany said...

I'm sad you're all alone. When does he get back? What is he doing in California? Sewing... huh. I'll be honest, sewing has never sounded appealing to me. I wanna see pictures of anything you sew!! Have fun!!

ekabeht said...

You had better be an sewing expert when I get home. I don't want to be disappointed after "working" near these Santa Barbara beaches for 2 weeks.

Lauren said...

I think that's the one I have! I love it. And you will too. By the way I really loved making that apron with you. Hilarious.