Okay, so this will be a bit of bragging time for me. I'm really proud of myself!
In my last post I mentioned that I was going to try and cook Phil a Thanksgiving dinner when he got home from Africa. Well I did and I don't think I messed anything up...too badly atleast!!!
I should have taken pictures. hmmm...oh well.
Anyways, I made turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, gravy and a cherry pie! The only thing that didn't turn out the best was the green bean casserole...it had too much pepper for my taste. I was afraid to take on such a challenge but I'm proud of myself for pulling it off! My note to myself for next time is to start the turkey about an hour before I need to. I felt like I was checking for the little timer to pop every 20 minutes for hours (it probably wasnt' that long...but I did underestimate the cooking time). The little timing schedule on the turkey package lies...just so you know.
Since I have made pumpkin bread...and am quite delighted with the outcome.
I've enjoyed trying to learn how to cook and bake more! I fail a lot...just ask Phil...but I think I've come a LONG way from before I got married. Go team!
No comments:
Post a Comment